The Road Safety team has evolved into the Behavioural Change team as the remit has expanded to continue to deliver Road Safety Education, Training and Publicity; as well as promoting and encouraging the use of sustainable transport across the Borough.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Road safety education in schools and colleges
- Pedestrian training
- The Liberty programme, which provides independent travel training for those with special needs across the borough.
- Cycle training (Y4 and Y6)
- Sustainable travel promotion, both through schools and key events across the borough
- Publicity campaigns such as drink drive, drug drive, older people, pedestrian safety
- Developing school travel plans
- Planning and delivering Crucial Crew
- Investigation and analysis of road traffic accidents
- Development of ward casualty audits
- Road safety audits
- School crossing patrol service