There is so much talent and creativity which exists in Wigan Borough amongst our local businesses, entrepreneurs, social enterprises, voluntary and community organisations.
Let’s Innovate is about generating new, innovative ideas to help make Wigan Borough a great place to live and work and finding creative solutions to some of the challenges we face as we recover from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Let’s Innovate will offer financial investment to turn successful projects into a reality in line with our community wealth building vision to grow the local economy.
How does it work?
- A Let’s Innovate theme will be launched. Themes will be identified following a period of consultation and engagement on a topic
- Submissions for project proposals on this theme will open and any organisation who has an idea and would like to be involved is encouraged to submit a proposal form by a specified deadline
- A Let’s Innovate theme will be launched and submissions for project proposals on this theme will open. Anybody who has an idea, meets the published criteria and would like to be involved is encouraged to submit a proposal form by a specified deadline
- A panel will shortlist five project proposals who are then invited to attend the Let’s Innovate event and pitch their ideas to an audience
- At the event, each presenter has 5-minutes to present their idea followed by 5-minutes of questions from the audience
- Audience members are encouraged to discuss the ideas they have heard, enjoy local entertainment and food before voting on the project they think will make the biggest difference.
What about the winner?
The presenter who gets the most votes, takes home the investment!
For the next Let’s Innovate event, we’re looking for local artists, cultural organisations and amateur theatre groups interested in co-creating work with communities in the borough to produce a new piece of performance work which animate non-traditional spaces.
To find out more about submitting a project proposal for the next Let’s Innovate event, visit our Let’s Innovate – Every Community Needs a Stage web page.
Have your say!
Want to attend the next Let’s Innovate event, have your say and support a new local idea to blossom?
What we won’t fund
- Mobile phones and contracts
- Academic research or educational bursaries
- Applications where planning permission hasn’t already been agreed
- Religious or political activities
- Project planning and consultant fees
- Projects that have already been funded by Wigan Council or have already been delivered.
Thank you to everyone who has taken part in a previous Let’s Innovate event. Read more about previous winners:
- Let’s Innovate for Carers Winner – Respite in the Tranquillity of Amberswood Nature Reserve (Groundwork) [COMING SOON]
Data Primary Privacy Notice
Please note that photographs may be taken throughout any Let’s Innovate event organised by Wigan Council. These will be used by Wigan Council for marketing and publicity for Let’s Innovate and the successful winner in any media (existing or later created or made available) including print and digital media formats such as websites, social media, or in any third party publications. Please contact us if you are attending at the event and wish to be exempt from this activity. We will directly seek the consent of presenters at the Let’s Innovate event and the successful winner to promote Let’s Innovate in the manner outlined above.