We've put together a range of useful resources and websites, both local and national, that provide disability information and support.
You can also discover more on our website:
- Happy Smiles Training (external link) - Employing and empowering disabled young adults to create positive social change, by delivering training workshops across schools and community groups
- EMBRACE Wigan and Leigh (external link) - A user-led charity dedicated to supporting disabled people and their families, with a range of projects that aim to enhance the lives of the people they support
- People First (external link) - Providing activities and support for people with learning disabilities aged 16 years and over
- My Life (external link) - Working with people of all ages and abilities who need support to live a good life
- Bom-Ta-Bom (external link) - Drumming, music and creative dance workshops for young people and adults with disabilities, aged 16 and over
- Nest Café (external link) - Providing young disabled people with training, to learn how to work front-of-house in a busy environment, how to communicate with customers, catering skills (including food hygiene) and cash handling and offering a lovely café for everyone to enjoy at the Three Sisters recreation ground in Bryn
- H.O.P.E (external link) - A soft play area, sensory play, arts and crafts for children and young people with autism.