For site work and visits to occupied domestic properties, we have implemented the following measures to help minimise the risk and spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), and to keep our staff and customers safe:
- We cannot inspect a property if anyone in the house is currently self-isolating or shielding
- Properties will need to be ventilated before we arrive on site, you can do this by opening the windows for 1 hour before the site visit
- All occupants and contractors will need to follow social distancing guidelines and maintain a 2 metre distance from our officers for the duration of their visit
- Inspecting officers will wear PPE when required
- We will not accept photographic evidence of works carried out in lieu of a site visit.
See further information on working safely in other people’s homes during COVID-19 (external link).
Services continuing as normal
- Building control applications
- Plan checking service - approvals or requests for further information will be timely and robust
- Pre-application advice - we will provide this by phone, email or via video using MS Teams or Skype, and attend virtual design meetings where required
- 24/7 dangerous structure service.
See further guidance on building regulations during the COVID-19 outbreak (external link).