Community Speed Watch

COVID-19 update

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this service is on hold.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

Wigan Council do not have the power to enforce speed limits. To report incidences of speeding vehicles or dangerous driving you should call the Greater Manchester Police on 101.

If residents are concerned about vehicle speeds in their area, as part of The Deal we have introduced Community Speed Watch. This gives residents the opportunity to record the speed of vehicles travelling through their neighbourhood.

If the speeds recorded by residents show that there is a speeding problem in the area, we will erect some temporary speed warning signs. We provide residents with the necessary training and equipment to undertake the exercise.

If you are a resident interested in operating a Speed Watch Scheme, please fill in the form below.

Due to the current national COVID-19 situation, this service is on hold.


Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council