This year, Wigan libraries have created the Rainbow Reads Challenge!
Rainbow Reads encourages children to read a book every week and take part in special weekly activities.
The challenge starts on Monday 20th July 2020 and finishes on Sunday 13th September 2020, which means there’s plenty of time to get involved.
Families who complete the challenge will be entered into a prize draw to win one of five £50 'One for All' vouchers, so don't miss out!
How do I take part?
To take part all you need to do is follow these three simple steps:
- Download the Rainbow Reads Challenge booklet - if you can't print it, just use paper and pencils
- Children will need to read a book of their choice each week and complete an activity page in the booklet, which includes a wordsearch and Rainbow Tom's Word of the Week. If you aren’t able to print the booklet, just use some paper and pencils
- Fill in our online form to tell us when your child has completed the Rainbow Reads Challenge and you'll be entered into our prize draw to win one of five £50 'One for All' vouchers - see competition terms and conditions.
Like and follow us on Wigan Libraries Facebook (external link), where you can share your child's work and find a range of colour themed activities to keep the children engaged.
For more information about Rainbow Reads, you can email email@example.com
Share the fun...
Tag us in your social media posts using #WiganRainbowReads - you can find us on and Facebook (external link) @WiganLibraries. We can't wait to see all your photos!
Hear from Nick Sharratt, author and illustrator...
Terms and conditions
- One entry per child per family
- Open to children aged 16 years and under
- All entries to be submitted via the online form by 12 midnight on Sunday 13th September 2020
- Winning families will be notified by email
- First names and ages of the winning children will be shared on Wigan libraries social media
- Family members of Wigan Libraries Library Transformation Team are not permitted to enter.