Report a housing disrepair

Please note this form is for privately rented residential properties only. This does NOT apply to business properties. 

Before reporting a repair issue that hasn't been dealt with, you must contact your landlord/letting agent in writing to inform them of the repair issue in the first instance.

You will need to provide us with evidence of the correspondence between your landlord / letting agent. If you wish to provide any additional evidence in support of the issue(s) i.e. photographs, you can email these to us quoting the full postal address of your home.

Please be aware that our role is limited to ensuring the landlord/letting agent carries out necessary major repairs to your property. It does not extend to resolving minor issues - see tenant responsibilities.

Please send all supporting documentation / photographs to as well as filling in the below form.

  • Your details
  • Name

Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council