Due to the advancement of COVID-19 and the current medical advice on self-isolation and social distancing, Wigan Council will only be undertaking Emergency Repairs and as required, Inspections for Emergency Repairs work until further notice. We will also now be carrying out external repairs.
Below is a list of repairs that we class as emergencies.
Electrical - emergency repairs include:
- no power to any circuit (individual lights and sockets not working will not be repaired unless vulnerable tenant or bathroom light)
- all lights not working
- burning sockets or switches or consumer units etc.
- smoke alarms or heat detectors (advise battery change by tenant in first instance)
- fire alarm faults
- all storage heating not working (individual heaters will not be repaired)
- immersion heater or air source heating not working
- emergency lighting
- fluorescent light fitting broken in kitchen
- bathroom light not working
There will be no other types of repairs carried out.
Gas repairs - emergency repairs include:
- no heat or hot water
- gas leak - please ring Cadent on 0800 111 999
- central heating boiler leaking
- carbon monoxide detector broken
- No plastering works to be carried out, unless ceiling collapse
Plumbing - emergency repairs include:
- leaking toilets
- toilet not flushing
- blocked toilet or sinks or waste pipes
- any leaks (dripping taps will not be repaired)
- shower repairs if there is no other means of bathing
- unable to turn tap on
Joinery - emergency repairs include:
- broken glazing or board ups
- front and rear external door locks broken (insecure property)
- window restrictors (only if window cannot be locked)
- windows not closing (insecure property)
- internal doors falling off (to be removed/made safe and not refitted)
- grab rails and hand-rails (under adaptation work/vulnerable tenants only)
- bannister or handrail loose or broken (unsafe)
- gain accesses
Request an emergency repair
If you need to request an emergency repair, you can ring 01942 489005.
In line with current medical advice if you or anyone else in your home has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are self-isolating, please inform us immediately.
We will be taking further precautionary measures for our staff visiting your property and they will seek further clarification from you prior to entering your property.
Latest updates and advice on Coronavirus
Information about coronavirus symptoms and advice on self-isolating can be found on our latest updates and advice webpage.