ATOM is a specialist team that work with young people in care aged 12 and over. By providing a foster placement to a young person in one of our hubs, you will become a vital part of the work we do.
We aim to help young people become resilient, confident adults by:
- Enabling them to stay safe
- Helping them find a place to belong
- Supporting them to build strong relationships in their local community and with professionals.
How does it work?
Each young person will have a network of people around them to provide support when needed and as part of their overall plan. This includes a:
- Social worker
- Key worker
- Police community support officer
- Therapist / life coach
- Foster carer.
Our team is divided across three hubs and each hub is managed by a team manager and two deputy managers.
How can I foster for ATOM?
To foster for ATOM you will need to:
- Have experience of working with children or young people
- Be able to work flexibly as one of the team initially, with the intention of providing a foster placement.
As an ATOM foster carer you will receive an hourly rate which will revert to payment as a foster carer once a placement commences.
Get in touch