You can use the form below to apply for a chaperone licence.
Once you have submitted your application, you must:
- Complete the chaperone questionnaire.
- Send the following documents to email@example.com
- Passport style photo - Plain background, well lit, no accessories/hair obscuring the face
- Evidence of child safeguarding level 2 higher training completed within the last 12 months e.g. certificate or letter from the designated safeguarding lead. If you do not have this, visit our online training portal (external link)
- For voluntary applicants - You will also need a signed letter from the Principle of the organisation/school, which includes the name and level of the safeguarding lead
- For professional applicants - You will also need to show evidence of completing the NSPCC safeguarding training (external link) e.g. certificate.
Your attention is drawn to the fact that under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 you may be entitled to answer “no” to this question even if you have, in the past, been subject to criminal proceedings resulting in conviction(s). However, certain types of employment are excluded under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exemptions) order 1957, from the protection of the Act. It is, therefore, suggested that you take appropriate advice if you are in any doubt as to the correct answer to give.
I declare that to the best of my knowledge the information I have provided is correct. I give permission for this to be used to carry out checks against any records held with Wigan Council Children’s and Families teams and other local authorities for the purpose of establishing my suitability for a license. I understand that the authority will need to make further enquiries regarding any possible convictions I may have. I also give consent for the information I have provided to be shared with the organisation I have named for the purpose of verifying my identity and role. I also consent to Wigan Council sharing my contact details (email and telephone number) when companies request details of professional chaperones licensed by the Council for the purpose of them contacting me about potential employment. I acknowledge that any license issued will also be shared with the organisation named and the performance venue to satisfy them I have the appropriate license.