We have opened a coronavirus (COVID-19) mobile testing centre on Chapel Lane in Wigan town centre. Chapel Lane is not included on the national online booking system.
Unfortunately, we only have access to a limited number of test kits per week and have had to prioritise key workers who deliver essential frontline services.
When can I use the Wigan test site?
To use the Wigan test site, you must:
- Qualify in all of the categories listed below
- Have an appointment
- Attend in a vehicle
- Be aged 5 or over.
If you do not qualify for a test at the Wigan test site, please try to book a test at a National test centre (external link) or call 119.
When to book a test
You must only book a test at the Wigan test site if:
- You have symptoms of coronavirus (a new continuous cough, a high temperature, loss of taste or smell), or you have been told to get a test; and
- You live or work in the Wigan Borough; and
- Any member of your household is a priority key worker:
- Front line health and social care services workers
- Front Line Environmental Services workers
- Education and child care workers
- Residential care setting workers
- Local authority front line neighbourhood or complex dependencies workers.
Before you visit the test centre
- You must bring proof of employment to the test site, as failure to do so will result in you being refused entry to the site
- If you live with a priority key worker and they are not the person being tested, then the priority key worker must also attend the test site to validate their own employment. They will not need a test unless they also have symptoms.
After you have been tested
You and your household must continue to isolate until you receive your test result. You must follow the guidance from your result notification.
If you and your household are not yet isolating, you must now all isolate.
How to book a test
To book a test at Chapel Lane test centre, you must: