We offer couples the perfect opportunity to recreate the magic of their wedding day.
Perhaps you wish to celebrate a special anniversary, you’ve overcome a difficult time, or simply want the wedding you never had? Whatever the reason, renewing your vows can strengthen your commitment to each other.
Choosing a venue
You can have a ceremony at one of our venues or approved premises or any public venue within the Wigan and Leigh area as there are no legal requirements.
What does the ceremony include?
Once you’ve paid your booking in full you will receive a choices booklet to give you an idea of what can be included in your ceremony.
Your ceremony will normally contain some, or all, of the following:
- Special music
- Introduction and welcome
- Acknowledgement of children of the marriage
- Renewal of vows
- Giving and receiving or re-dedication of rings
- Message from guests at original marriage
- Signing of commemorative certificate
- The story of how you met
- Closing words.
We will contact you a week before your big day to confirm the details and will meet you 30 minutes before the ceremony begins to run through any final questions and explain the order of ceremony.
A non-refundable booking fee is payable for booking your ceremony. This fee confirms the date, time and place of your ceremony.
All fees include a commemorative certificate.
Booking your ceremony
- Book your date, time and venue online - we will check availability and get back to you
- Once you’ve received confirmation, visit Wigan or Leigh Life Centre and pay your ceremony fee by card to secure your booking
- You must pay the final fee 2 months before the ceremony date, we will then send out your ceremony choices booklet
- You will need to complete your booklet (including any additional readings or speeches) and return it to us at least 3 weeks before the ceremony date by email, post (Wigan Life Centre, The Wiend, Wigan, WN1 1NH) or in person to Wigan or Leigh Life Centre
- We will contact you a week before the ceremony to confirm all your requirements and talk you through the day.