If you’re getting married abroad and would like to have another ceremony locally to celebrate again with family and friends who were unable to attend, we now offer a special ‘Celebration Ceremony’.
Similar to a marriage ceremony, you’ll make promises and commitments to each other and can exchange rings again if you wish.
Choosing a venue
You can have a ceremony at one of our venues or approved premises or any public venue within the Wigan and Leigh area as there are no legal requirements.
What does the ceremony include?
Your ceremony will normally contain some, or all, of the following:
- Pre-arrival music as your guests assemble
- Entrance music and your choice of how you enter the room.
- Welcome and introduction by Celebrant
- Your ceremony will be similar to a marriage ceremony (without the legal wording). You will still make promises and commitments to each other and you may write your own promises if you wish
- You may include readings or poems - your Celebrant can suggest and advise
- Exchange of rings (optional)
- Signing of the Commemorative certificate and a photo opportunity (including music)
- A conclusion of the ceremony, your announcement as a newly married couple to your family and friends
- Exit and music.
A non-refundable booking fee is payable for booking your ceremony. This fee confirms the date, time and place of your ceremony.
All fees include a commemorative certificate.
Booking your ceremony
- Book your date, time and venue online - we will check availability and get back to you
- Once you’ve received confirmation, visit Wigan or Leigh Life Centre and pay your ceremony fee by card to secure your booking
- You must pay the final fee 2 months before the ceremony date, we will then send out your ceremony choices booklet
- You will need to complete your booklet (including any additional readings or speeches) and return it to us at least 3 weeks before the ceremony date by email, post (Wigan Life Centre, The Wiend, Wigan, WN1 1NH) or in person to Wigan or Leigh Life Centre
- We will contact you a week before the ceremony to confirm all your requirements and talk you through the day.