'Not to be missed' Festival for local businesses
The Believe in Business Festival is just a couple of weeks away, and local businesses are being urged to sign up to workshops and panels tailor-made to support businesses with challenges they are facing in 2023.
The Festival will also be welcoming speakers including Shaun Wane, Head Coach of England Rugby League and former Head of Coach of Wigan Warriors, and Mayor of Greater Manchester Andy Burnham.
Councillor David Molyneux MBE, Leader of Wigan Council, said “This completely free-to-attend Festival has been designed and organised with the local Business Consortium, placing the needs and wants of local businesses right at the heart.
“There are lots of different sessions planned, from addressing the energy challenge, how to recruit the people that you need, building resilience, and what the council can offer through the Deal for Business.
“I am really looking forward to opening the event, alongside our Business Consortium, and meeting local businesses from across our borough.”
Panels and workshops on offer include:
- ‘Can you do business differently to improve recruitment?’ hosted by the Good Employment Charter and B-Corp
- ‘Young and Fearless – Leading the way’ with young entrepreneurs sharing their experiences, supported by Wigan & Leigh College and Enterprising You
- ‘Enable, Empower & Enact’ hosted by David Baxter, Founder of Wigan and Leigh Community Cooperative
- ‘Making Sense of the Energy Challenge?’ hosted by Manchester's Growth Company
- ‘Building Strength and Resilience for you and your business’ with Dave Verburg, a motivational speaker
- ‘What's the Big Deal?’ hosted by Wigan Council's Economic Development Team
- ‘What is ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ and how can it benefit my business?’ delivered by Connolly's
- ‘Skills/Training/Recruitment’ delivered by Wigan & Leigh College.
There will also be dedicated time to network, delivered by FubHub, Leigh Means Business and Professionals of Wigan, where local business owners can make connections, and share stories.
Jonathan Twist, managing director of Gee Tee’s Retail and Wholesale and member of the Business Consortium, said “Some of these workshops are already starting to fill up so if there’s a session you’ve got your eye on, get it booked. We know how limited your time is so, if you can, you can come along for the whole day, or just book onto the sessions that you’d really interested in.
“This really will be a day not to be missed for local businesses, with so much valuable learning and networking- all completely free. I’m looking forward to seeing and meeting lots of you there.”
Free tickets are available via Believe in Business Festival.
Posted on Tuesday 24th January 2023