If you live in the Wigan Borough and have a garden or allotment to be proud of, we would love to hear from you. You can also nominate your neighbour or a friend, but make sure you ask them first.
Our In Bloom Garden Competition Group organise the competition and judge your gardens on behalf of Wigan Council. Awards available this year are gold, silver-gilt, silver and bronze.
There are also Best Overall category winners for individuals, communities and juniors which are chosen from the gold winning gardens.
- The closing date for entries was Monday 2nd July 2018. Judging started on 16th July.
No matter how big or small your outdoor space is, we have a got a category to suit you. You can only enter one category, so please choose carefully from the following categories:
- Best Communal Garden - You live in sheltered accommodation, a block of flats or you share your garden with your neighbours. You can enter as an individual or group as long as you help maintain the garden
- Best Hanging Basket and Container Garden – You have a variety of hanging baskets and containers on your patio or balcony
- Best Junior Garden - For individuals aged 11 and under, or youth clubs. It can be any type of garden but junior gardeners must do the majority of the work
- Best Ornamental Garden - Low maintenance without a lawn, but contains slate, stone or decking with occasional plants or even a water feature
- Best Traditional Garden - High maintenance garden, which includes lawns and flowerbeds with all year round colour
- Best Vegetable or Fruit Garden/Allotment - If you grow your own fruit and vegetables either in or out of a greenhouse, or on an allotment.
How to enter
Applications are now closed.
Terms and Conditions
- All work must be your own.
- You can only nominate someone if you have gained their approval.
- You can enter any part of your garden, as long as the rest is presentable as this is a better neighbourhood competition.
- No artificial flowers or grass.
- All gardens to be judged must be free from dog fouling.
- Independent judges will be accompanied by Wigan Council staff members.
- Judges reserve the right to disqualify entrants if they consider that the entrant has breached any of these terms.
- The judges decision will be final.
- All entries must be received before 12 noon on Monday 2nd July 2018. Any entries received after this date will not be entered into the competition.
- Judging will start on 16th July.
- A list of winners can be obtained by contacting Wigan In Bloom after 1st November.
For more information you can contact us.