Our Building Stronger Communities Partnership (BSCP) creates strategies and practical interventions to reduce crime and disorder.
Working with other agencies we aim to help people live in strong resilient communities and to feel safe and supported from crime and disorder and have access to effective support when they need it.
Our main priorities are:
- Reduce domestic abuse
- Reduce substance misuse and harm (drugs and alcohol)
- Reduce and prevent reported/experienced crime and disorder, and protect vulnerable people
- Reduce re-offending (adults)
- Prevent offending (young people).
The partnership includes:
- Wigan Council
- Clinical Commissioning Group
- Greater Manchester Police
- Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service
- Probation Services.
Domestic Homicide Review (DHR)
A DHR is a review of the circumstances in which the death of a person aged 16 or over has, or appears to have, resulted from violence, abuse or neglect by a relative, current or ex-partner or member of their household.