Panel discussion at Destination Digital 2017
Wigan Council at Destination Digital 2017
Martin Bryant and panel members at Destination Digital 2017
Workshop session at Destination Digital 2017
In June 2017, Wigan's Digital Leaders in business, education, volunteering and health and social care took to the stage to talk about their own digital journey and why we need to continue towards our destination as Digital Wigan.
We had an outstanding line up of speakers, including:
- Vimla Appadoo - City Verve, FutureEverything
- Hellen Bowey - CEO, Alcove
- Stuart Green - Design Director, bd2
- Alison Mckenzie-Folan - Deputy Chief Executive, Director Customer Transformation, Wigan Council
- Chelsea Slater - Director, Liverpool Girl Geeks
- Phil Swan - CIO Greater Manchester Combined Authority and Cyber Security Champion
- Naomi Timperley - Co-Founder of Tech North Advocates, IDEA Programme Lead for Wakelet, Honorary Industry Fellow at Salford Business School.
About the day
- We had a packed schedule, with a range of creative people ready to help
- A Digital Leaders panel of inspiring innovators were our keynote speakers. They talked about their own digital journey and why we need to become Digital Wigan
- A series of sector-themed interactive workshops ran, with leaders in education, health and the public sector involved. This will be used to help shape the future strategy for Wigan Borough working towards 2025
- Networking opportunities helped introduce attendees to those who can collaborate, help or influence
- Practical advice was given to businesses, professionals and communities throughout the event.
for regular updates.