The government have announced a new Discretionary Business Grant Fund to support businesses that are NOT eligible for the small business grant funding but who have been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
The deadline for applications has been extended to 20th August 2020.
Does your business qualify for the funding?
To qualify for Discretionary Business Grant funding, all of the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant is the owner or director of the applying business
- The applicant currently leases or owns business premises / a business work base within the Wigan borough
- The business does not qualify for, and has not previously been awarded, any of the following COVID grant measures:
- Small Business Support Grant (Scheme 1)
- Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Grant (Scheme 2a)
- Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Grant (Scheme 2b)
- Any other COVID-19 related business support measure (excluding the furlough scheme and the Self-employed Income Support Scheme)
- The business has not previously received a Discretionary COVID Grant award
- The business employs a total of less than 50 people (full time equivalent)
- The business can adequately demonstrate significant loss of income due to Coronavirus restriction measures
- The business has rental or mortgage costs no less than £100.00 per calendar month
- The business is not in administration, insolvent or subject to a striking-off notice
- The business complies with State Aid rules
- The business was trading on 11th March 2020.
How do I apply for the funding?
To apply for the funding, you must: