Further Additional Restrictions Grant support for businesses (ARG)
Wigan Council has received £1.5 million of Government ARG funding for use in a further discretionary scheme to support businesses due to the COVID pandemic and restrictions on trade. The money will be distributed across three phases. Phase One has now closed for applications.
Round 2a is now open. Due to the agreed criteria and as part of a programme of wider business support, we are inviting businesses to submit an application to Round 2a by contacting those eligible directly.
If you would like further information on wider business support programmes including help with digital, innovation, skills, recruitment and carbon reduction please contact the business engagement team on 01942 489190 or email@example.com.
To qualify for funding from the Additional Restrictions Grant, all of the following criteria must be met:
- The business was established on or before 1st April 2021
- The business is still actively trading
- The application is the owner or director of the applying business
- The application was and is still leasing or owns business premises / a business work base within Wigan Borough at the point restrictions were put into place
- The business can reasonably demonstrate continuing loss of income due to COVID-19 restriction measures and / or significantly reduced customer demand despite restrictions being lifted as per the UK Government Roadmap announced in Spring 2021
- The business is not in administration, liquidation, subject to a striking off notice or dissolved.
The business complies with Subsidy Allowances for COVID 19 Business Grant rules.