What's the Be Well card?
Everyone booking or taking part in any activity at our 7 leisure centres in Wigan and Leigh needs a Be Well card (previously known as a Lifestyle Card).
Activities include hiring sports courts, taking swimming lessons and joining exercise classes.
We also provide you with a Be Well card when you become a member at one of our leisure centres.
How much does a Be Well card cost?
There are two Be Well memberships available:
- A free Be Well card that entitles you to book activities and facilities at your local leisure centre
- A Be Well card costing £1.60 a year that gives you huge discounts on a range of facilities and activities at any of our leisure centre in Wigan and Leigh. Discounts vary depending on your age and circumstances.
- A Be Well card costing £1.60 provides returning members of the armed forces, and those who have left the services in the last 12 months, a complimentary 12 month membership of our leisure centres, giving free access to gyms, classes and swimming. Find out more about sport and leisure for the armed forces
- A Be Well card +1 card costing £1.60 allows free admission for carers, who are supporting a person who needs additional help and assistance when using the swimming pool or gym and a reduced rate for classes when you are with the person you care for or if you attend alone.
How do I get a Be Well card?
To get a free or paid for / +1 Be Well card, you will need to:
- Fill in our Be Well Card form or pick one up at your local leisure centre
- Return the form in person to your nearest leisure centre (with £1.60 if you want to enjoy a range of discounts) with proof of eligibility e.g. birth certificate, passport, proof of service, student card, bus pass or driving licence
Be Well +1 applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Work for a health and social care organisation
- Work for a person who requires additional help or assistance when using leisure centre facilities
- Be a registered informal carer
Be Well +1 applicants will also need to provide the following proof:
- Letter from carer organisation giving evidence of employment
- Evidence of working for someone who is in receipt of disability living allowance, personal independence payments or attendance allowance
- Evidence of working for someone who is registered blind
- Hold a carer discount card issued by Wigan and Leigh Carers Centre
What does a paid for Be Well card offer?
Depending on your age and circumstances, you can enjoy a wide range of discounts and benefits including:
Where can I use my Be Well card?