What's the Be Well card?
Everyone booking or taking part in any activity at our 7 leisure centres in Wigan and Leigh needs a Be Well card (previously known as a Lifestyle Card).
Activities include hiring sports courts, taking swimming lessons and joining exercise classes.
We also provide you with a Be Well card when you become a member at one of our leisure centres.
How much does a Be Well card cost?
There are two Be Well memberships available:
- A free Be Well card that entitles you to book activities and facilities at your local leisure centre
- A Be Well card costing £2 a year that gives you huge discounts on a range of facilities and activities at any of our leisure centre in Wigan and Leigh. Discounts vary depending on your age and circumstances.
- Be Well cards are free to returning members of the armed forces, and those who have left the services in the last 12 months, a complimentary 12 month membership of our leisure centres, giving free access to gyms, classes and swimming. Find out more about sport and leisure for the armed forces. (terms and conditions apply)
- Be Well card +1 are free for carers who are supporting a person who needs additional help and assistance when using the swimming pool or gym and a reduced rate for classes when you are with the person you care for or if you attend alone. (terms and conditions apply)
How do I get a Be Well card?
To get a free or paid for / +1 Be Well card, you will need to:
- Fill in our Be Well Card form or pick one up at your local leisure centre
- Return the form in person to your nearest leisure centre (with £2 if you want to enjoy a range of discounts) with proof of eligibility e.g. birth certificate, passport, proof of service, student card, bus pass or driving licence
Be Well +1 applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Work for a health and social care organisation
- Work for a person who requires additional help or assistance when using leisure centre facilities
- Be a registered informal carer
Be Well +1 applicants will also need to provide the following proof:
- Letter from carer organisation giving evidence of employment
- Evidence of working for someone who is in receipt of disability living allowance, personal independence payments or attendance allowance
- Evidence of working for someone who is registered blind
- Hold a carer discount card issued by Wigan and Leigh Carers Centre
If you have lost/misplaced your Be Well card, you can buy a replacement for £2.
What does a paid for Be Well card offer?
Depending on your age and circumstances, you can enjoy a wide range of discounts and benefits including:
Where can I use my Be Well card?