When are you re-opening?
Here’s our roadmap to re-opening with all the key dates...
- Golf at Haigh Woodland Park is back
- Outdoor tennis at Robin Park Leisure Centre returns
- Scotman’s Flash reopens
- Outdoor pitches available for hire
- Individual fitness is back and gyms can open
- Personal Training can restart
- Outdoor fitness sessions will restart
- Pools will open! Learn to swim programme, lane and family swimming, club swimming and Swim Tots can re-start
- Junior gymnastics can start at Robin Park Leisure Centre
- Junior indoor tennis can start at Robin Park Leisure Centre
- One-to-one gym support at all open gyms
- Disability swim sessions (Howe Bridge Leisure Centre, Leigh Leisure Centre and Wigan Life Centre)
- Increase to Wheels for all bookings at Leigh Harriers
- Active outdoors - guided runs, walks, cycle rides will restart
- Outdoor football can restart
- Golf at Pennington re-opens.
- Indoor Group Exercise! We know how many of you have been looking forward to this and we can’t wait to get group exercise back
- Sauna and steam rooms reopen
- Indoor team sports will return - excluding Robin Park and Leigh Leisure Centre as they are being used as vaccination centres until the end of September
- Casual outdoor team sports can start again
- Indoor racquet sports can start at sites not being used as vaccination centres.
When will my membership payments re-start?
If your direct debit payment was taken in January 2021, you won’t pay in April. Your direct debit will recommence on your usual payment date in May. If your Direct Debit was frozen in January as a result of lockdown it will recommence on normal collection day (15th or 25th April 2021). See additional information for members of Hindley Leisure Centre.
A 36% discount will be applied for payments in May for Learn to Swim, Health and Fitness and gymnastics customers to compensate for the first 11 days in April when our sites are not open due to the government’s re-opening dates.
Members who had their membership frozen in January due to self-isolation or illness and who wish to return once we reopen on 12th April may be charged a pro-rata payment depending on the date the direct debit is due to be re-instated. A member of our team will be in touch to discuss this.
If you want more information on your membership you can contact one of our membership advisers.
What is Be Well?
Be Well is Wigan Council’s new holistic approach to health and wellbeing. Be Well brings leisure and wellbeing services together under one roof, helping to make an even bigger impact on the health and wellbeing of residents and customers, in the heart of their local community.
From 1st April all leisure and wellbeing services previously managed by Inspiring healthy lifestyles will be managed by Wigan Council under the Be Well brand. Whether you’re looking to ease your way back into fitness or are already a full time fitness fan, there’s something for everyone at Be Well whatever your age or ability.
From local leisure centres to weight management programmes, guided walks to junior fitness, inclusive activities to water sports - we’ve got everything residents in the borough need to get fit and active and lead healthier, happier lives as a result.
Be Well is a mix of free and paid for activities with plenty of choice to suit you and your needs.
Will I need to book in advance?
Yes. To ensure there is only a safe number of people in our centres at any one time, all of our sessions and activities must be booked in advance using our online Leisure Hub booking portal.
If you’re having trouble with your Leisure Hub account, you can contact the leisure hub support team.
Casual swimming can be booked on the booking portal. To book a family swimming session, you will need to call the local leisure centre you wish to swim at. Contact details for each leisure centre can be found on our leisure centre pages.
Do I need to download the new Be Well Wigan app?
Yes. Following the transfer of leisure and wellbeing services to Wigan Council on 1st April you will need to download the Be Well Wigan app to ensure you receive the latest updates.
This app will replace your Inspired Fitness Tracker / My Wellness app.
New to the App? The Be Well Wigan app tracks all your activity, in the leisure centre and outside, as well as giving you access to a library of virtual workouts and fitness programmes, digital challenges and quick access to bookings.
Plus, you can pair it with a range of different apps and wearables and easily follow your bespoke programme, allowing you to keep track of how active you are and reach your goals even faster!
What are the opening hours?
You can find the opening hours for each leisure centre on our leisure centre pages.
How are you keeping customers safe?
The safety of our customers and team members is our top priority. We have introduced measures to ensure that our facilities are COVID secure in-line with the latest industry and government guidance. New measures and guidance include:
- We have reduced numbers in our gyms, studios, and pools to ensure that members can always keep more than 2 metres apart
- We ask all members (over age 11) to wear face coverings when moving around our facilities
- Our air conditioning has been adapted to circulate fresh air
- Sanitisation stations are located across our facilities for customers to use
- One-way circulation routes are in place
- Our teams will be cleaning equipment on a more frequent basis. Cleaning products are also available for customers use
- Changing facilities and lockers are available however we encourage customers to attend ready to train where possible. At this stage no hairdryers are available
Are the changing facilities and lockers available?
Yes, our changing facilities are open and available to use. However, we ask that members arrive ready for their activity and leave promptly afterwards where possible.
No hairdryers will be operational and we are encouraging everyone to shower at home.
When will group exercise re-start?
Group exercise will restart on Monday 17th May inline with the government’s re-opening roadmap. Don’t forget to access our Live Stream Classes on the new Be Well Wigan App and book onto one of our outdoor fitness programmes in the meantime.
How do I book casual swim sessions?
Casual lane swimming can be booked on the Leisure Hub booking portal.
To book a family swimming session, you will need to call the local leisure centre you wish to swim at. Contact details for each leisure centre can be found on our leisure centre pages.
When will the Learn to Swim programme restart?
Our Learn to Swim programme will restart on 12th April. You’ll have exactly the same day and time slot you were booked on to before lockdown. We’ll be emailing all customers with more details soon.
Why is the gym still not available at Hindley Leisure Centre?
Hindley Leisure Centre will re-open for group exercise and racquet sports on 17th May in line with the government roadmap.
Unfortunately, the gym at Hindley Leisure Centre won’t re-open until all restrictions are lifted. It’s simply too small to allow social distancing to take place. But don’t forget - you can still use any of our other leisure centre gyms with your membership.
Your membership will remain frozen until we re-open group exercise. Once reopened, your direct debit will restart on 25th May 2021 or on your usual payment day after this date.
For all customers who did make a payment in January you will receive a discount on your first direct debit to compensate for any closures during May. We will communicate with you nearer the time once confirmation is received.
For anyone who had their payment in January frozen you may need to pay a pro rata payment should you wish to attend our other leisure centres prior to your first direct debit being taken. If you’d like to unfreeze your membership sooner please contact our memberships team.
How do I book sports hall, tennis courts and pitches?
Please see our roadmap for re-opening first!
Tennis courts at Robin Park Leisure Centre can be booked via our booking portal.
For other sports, simply call the leisure centre you wish to play at. Contact details for each leisure centre can be found on our leisure centre pages.
Refunds due to self-isolation or illness
Unfortunately, we are not able to issue refunds for members who are unable to attend their sessions due to short term illnesses or absence due to COVID-19 self-isolation or quarantine requirements.
Are wellbeing services available?
We are operating a reduced service delivery model with some activities restarting from 12th April. Further wellbeing services will restart following a phased approach in line with the government road map and the ongoing support being provided to our most vulnerable residents and critical services.
Whilst services gradually restart, members will continue to have access to virtual sessions including:
- Pain management
- Low level health conditions
- Patients on cardiac and pulmonary pathways
- Strength and balance classes for existing participants to ensure they can remain physically active, safely within their own homes.
Further updates will be posted on this page and on our Facebook. Staff will also contact participants ahead of services returning. If you have any questions, please contact the wellbeing team.
Have more questions?
If you’ve not been able to find what you’re looking for, please contact the Be Well team.