Our Active Outdoors running programmes run from venues across Wigan and Leigh, so there's bound to be something special happening near you.
Running sessions are suitable for adults of all fitness levels and abilities. Just bring yourself, have fun and enjoy the great outdoors!
Our running programmes
Our running programme offers:
- Couch to 5k runs - designed to get you up off the couch and running 5k within 10 weeks, with the support of our qualified run leaders
- 5k+ runs - reach your next running goal with our 5k+ runs. Sessions will vary each week, structured to improve your all-round running fitness
- 10k to 10 miles - increase your running distance from 6 miles up to 10 miles. Sessions are suitable for experienced runners, who should be able to run continuously up to 6 miles before enrolling on the sessions.
All new runners should arrive 15 minutes before the start of their first session to register.
Sessions start and finish at the same point and car parking is available at all venues (some charges may apply).
Do I need to book?
Yes. All runs now require runners to pre-book their place using our booking portal. Please check the timetable below for upcoming sessions before you book.
Things to know
- If you’re a leisure centre member then running sessions that begin at our leisure centres are free
- If you’re not a member, all sessions cost £1 – first session is free!
- Please wear comfortable clothing and running footwear
- Sessions generally go ahead in most weathers, unless it is unsafe to do so (severe rain, storm, ice/snow, extreme heat).
Running sessions timetable
Please note, all running sessions marked with a green tick are free to members of our leisure centres.