As part of a commitment to providing quality services for carers, Wigan Council is working with Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust to recruit volunteers to become 'Carer Champions'.
What will I have to do as a Carer Champion?
- Provide a point of contact for identifying and promoting carer support in your workplace.
- Offer advice to colleagues on carer issues and signpost them to the Carers Hospital Support Worker for support and services.
- Provide feedback on the success of, and most appropriate initiatives in, individual workplaces, so that the approach can reach out to a wide range of employees.
- To lead on recognising carers and promoting the 'Who I Am' Carer Passport.
- To contribute to the development of policies and procedures in relation to carers health and well-being.
- Help embed the approach to carers support through the Trust.
Becoming a Carers Champion
If you are interested in becoming a Carer Champion volunteer, please complete the application form below and forward it to the Carers Support Team.