Our targets are:
- to see you within 5 minutes of your arrival at the office.
- to resolve your enquiry efficiently within 30 minutes of your arrival at our office.
- to process new claims for benefit and changes in circumstances within 17 days (combined measure).
- to deal with notifications of change of address and applications for discounts or exemptions within 10 working days.
- to have refunds of overpaid Council Tax or Business Rates made within 10 working days of receiving your request
- to answer 70% of phone calls within 30 seconds and whoever answers will give their name
- to provide a substantive response to correspondence within 10 working days excluding public holidays.
You can expect us to treat you as follows:
- In a courteous and efficient manner.
- Fairly, whatever your background or disability without discrimination.
- To provide you with support services or equipment to assist with disabilities or interpretation services where English is not your first language.
- To communicate with you in plain language that is easy to understand.
- To provide you with details of our formal complaints procedure when you are not satisfied with the service we have given you.
- To treat all personal information we hold about you for local taxation and benefit purposes with strict confidentiality and in accordance with data protection guidelines.
- To provide help and advice about Revenues and Benefits by phone, text phone, email, or Face to Face at Wigan Life Centre.
Phone 01942 828609 Fax 01942 828613 Text phone 01942 828725
If you need help with this or with any of our literature because you have a disability or language difficulty (for example, because English is not your first language), please contact our Customer Services by phoning 01942 828609 or text phone for people who are hard of hearing 01942 828725.