Please note: This web page and these Topic Papers date from June 2009. These Topic Papers were published to accompany the Core Strategy Preferred Options.
Each topic paper provides a summary of the evidence base required for both the Core Strategy and the Sustainability Appraisal. They establish a baseline position and identify the key issues that need to be addressed. They directly inform the spatial portrait, key issues and spatial objectives in the Core Strategy.
There are two formats for Topic Papers, one that you can download and print (listed below) and one that you can view and submit comments against (external link). (No longer open to view or for consultation).
The 13 Topic Papers are:
- Health and recreation (.pdf, 487Kb)
- Community safety and neighbourhood quality (.pdf, 543Kb)
- Community development and involvement (.pdf, 1195Kb)
- Education and learning (.pdf, 496Kb)
- Economy and employment (.pdf, 402Kb)
- Housing (.pdf, 438Kb)
- Retail and centres (.pdf, 419Kb)
- Accessibility (.pdf, 492Kb)
- Built environment and landscape (.pdf, 822Kb)
- Wildlife habitats and species (.pdf, 370Kb)
- Energy (.pdf, 372Kb)
- Waste (.pdf, 417Kb)
- Natural resources and pollution (.pdf, 453Kb)
You can also view previous versions of our Topic Papers from the Issues and Options stage.