The Local Development Scheme has to:
- provide a brief description of all the documents to be prepared, their content and the area to which they will relate;
- establish which documents will be become part of the development plan;
- set out which policies and proposals in the unitary development plan will be replaced by documents in the Local Development Framework and which will be ‘saved’;
- explain the relationship between documents, especially between the core strategy and other development plan documents;
- state which, if any, documents are to be prepared on a joint basis with one or more other local planning authorities;
- set out the planned timetable for preparing each document and the key ‘milestones’ (i.e what and when) to be achieved; and
- set out an explanation of how progress against the local development scheme, e.g. submission and adoption dates, will be monitored and our approach to reviewing the local development scheme.
The Wigan Local Development Scheme (.PDF, 940KB) was published in December 2011.
Planning Policy Documents in the Local Development Scheme include:
Programmes for preparing Supplementary Planning Documents are no longer included in the Local Development Scheme. Individual programmes for each supplementary planning document that is under preparation or planned are included on the web page dedicated to each document.