In September 2011 Wigan Council submitted its Core Strategy Development Plan Document to the Secretary of State for independent examination. The examination was suspended on 24 May 2012. This is the examination library up to that time. The Reconvened Core Strategy Examination Library has all of the docuemnts for the reconvened examination.
A full list of all documents in our Examination Library (.pdf, 43KB) is here. Click on the links below to view and download documents within our Examination Library:
- A1 - Wigan Core Strategy - Part 1 (.pdf, 904KB)
- A1 - Wigan Core Strategy - Part 2 (.pdf, 1524KB)
- B1 - Schedule of Minor Changes to the Core Strategy (.pdf, 101KB)
- C - Sustainability Appraisal
- D1 - A statement relating to consultation carried our prior to the Proposed Submission stage (.PDF, 312KB) (at Regulation 25 stage)
- D2 - A statement relating to representations received at the Proposed Submission consultation stage (.PDF, 216KB) (10th February - 25th March 2011) (at Regulation 28 stage)
- D3 - Final Consultation Report (.PDF, 1064KB)
- E - Representations received at the Proposed Submission stage can be viewed on our consultation portal (external link)
- F1 - Statement of Community Involvement (January 2011)
- F2 - Statement of Community Involvement (2006) (.pdf, 1486KB)
- G1 - Self-assessment of Soundness and Legal Compliance (.PDF, 436KB)
- H1 - Equality Impact Assessment (.PDF, 384KB)
- J1 - Infrastructure Delivery Plan
- J2 - Infrastructure Needs Assessment
- K1 - Proposals Map (external link)
- L1 - Annual Monitoring Report (.pdf, 196KB)
- M1 - Local Development Scheme (.pdf, 604KB)
- Core Strategy evidence documents
- Examination documents
- Written Statements - These will be added throughout the examination process
- Other background documents
- Statements submitted following the additional hearing session regarding the NPPF
A full set of paper copies of all documents are available at the Core Strategy Examination Library at Wigan Town Hall, Library Street, Wigan, WN1 1YN. If you wish to view any of the documents in this library you will need to make an appointment by telephoning Rachel Derbyshire, the Programme Officer for the Core Strategy Examination , on 07586 029588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The submission documents and evidence base can be viewed at the locations listed in our local advertisement notice (.PDF, 12KB)
Information on the independent examination of the Core Strategy can be viewed on the Core Strategy Examination page.
You can also view the contents of the previous Issues and Options, Preferred Options, Revised Proposals and Draft Policies , and Proposed Submission stages of Core Strategy preparation.