The Annual Monitoring Report is required to undertake five main tasks:
- To review progress of preparing documents in the Local Development Framework against the timetable and ‘milestones’ set out in the Local Development Scheme.
- To assess the extent to which policies in documents in the Local Development Framework are being implemented.
- To explain why, if a policy is not being implemented, why it is not and set out the steps being taken to ensure that it is implemented, amended or replaced.
- To identify the significant effects of implementing policies and whether they are as intended.
- To set out whether policies are to be amended or replaced.