Wigan Supported Employment Service is a professional employment and training provider, securing paid employment opportunities for people who have a disability. The aim of the service is to create a truly diverse workforce which reflects the local community and offers equality of opportunity to all.
Supported Employment is a service providing support to people with a disability and to local employers.
The team are Ofsted rated "outstanding" grade 1 service, and work with people who have a number of barriers into employment such as having a learning disability, mental health issue, an acquired brain injury or a physical or sensory impairment.
The team can help by:
- flling in application forms
- job searching
- providing one-to-one support and job training
- providing advice about adjustments that may need to be made to the workplace
- providing details of government funding that may be available and help, if needed, to apply for that funding.
To access the service you will need to have been referred by a social worker, a community psychiatric nurse, occupational therapist or a disability employment advisor from Jobcentre Plus.
The Supported Employment Service also offers a number of services to local employers including:
- a service that is of "no direct cost"
- specialist training - providing "one to one" support in the workplace
- reducing the cost in recruitment and training
- delivering free disability awareness training
- ongoing monitoring throughout your employee's career
- a professional approach in helping employees with a disability to return back to work.