If you are interested in a career in childcare, the options available to you are:
- working in a nursery, pre-school or out of school provision with children aged 0-5 year old
- Working in your own home as a child minder
If you are interested in a career in early years working in a nursery, pre-school or out of school provision, Learning and Development can provide you with:
- A FREE, flexible 15 hour training and development programme
- Training that supports you to work with children aged 0 – 5 years
- Training that fits around your current commitments
- Support in finding a suitable work placement
The 15 hour, Step into the Children’s Workforce Programme will introduce you to various topics such as:
- Understanding play for early learning;
- Safeguarding children;
- Special education needs and inclusive practice;
- Understanding the Every Child Matters agenda;
- Introduction to the Early Years Foundation (EYFS)
- Child poverty
- Equality and diversity.
Following on from this programme you may be eligible to access a Government funded Level 2 qualification.
If you are interested in a career in Child minding, Learning & Development can provide you with:
- A 3 hour pre-registration briefing session, which provides you with information that highlights the process, support and guidance available to enable you to become a registered childminder within Wigan.
- Flexible, subsidised training and development, that fits around your current commitments, whilst supporting you to become a registered childminder.
- Following registration, access to ongoing support, advice and guidance.
What to do next
If you are interested in any of these opportunities to take the 1st step to a career in the Children’s Workforce you should contact the us on 01942 486476 for an information pack and enrol onto the next available course.