Licences for Houses in Multiple Occupation in the Wigan borough are valid for a year and cost as follows:
||£27 per occupant |
|Accredited Landlord *
||£15 per occupant |
* Members of the Wigan Landlords Accreditation Scheme only.
Application Evaluation Process
Licences will be granted if:
- the house is suitable for multiple occupation;
- the applicant is a fit and proper person and the most appropriate person to hold the licence;
- the proposed manager has control of the house and is a fit and proper person to be the manager;
- the management arrangements are satisfactory.
Will Tacit Consent Apply?
No. It is in the public interest for us to process your application before granting it. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact us. You can do this online if you applied through the UK Welcomes service or by using the Contact Details below.
You can apply for a licence, renew a licence or make changes to your existing licence online by clicking the appropriate link below:
Failed Application Redress
Please contact us in the first instance. You may appeal to a Residential Property Tribunal. Any appeal must be made within 28 days of the decision being made.
Licence Holder Redress
Please contact us in the first instance. You may appeal to a Residential Property Tribunal regarding the conditions attached to a licence or any decision to vary or revoke a licence. Any appeal must be made within 28 days of the decision being made.
If a licence is granted and you wish to appeal against it being granted you may do so to a Residential Property Tribunal within 28 days of the decision being made.