Wigan Bond Scheme
Wigan Housing Solutions also operate the Wigan bond scheme. The scheme provides a bond guarantee to private landlords on behalf of tenants who are unable to afford a security deposit. As this service removes the need for a landlord to take a security deposit it falls outside of the governments’ mandatory schemes.
Wigan Housing Solutions have experience involving housing management, valuations, housing allowance, repairs, housing law, and accounts, and in our tenancy support team, financial literacy training and support, and benefits, debt and housing advice.
Pre-Tenancy Training and Workshop
Wigan Housing Solutions recognise the need to ensure that tenants do not fail with their tenancies and so are committed to providing advice and support via pre tenancy workshops.
- confidential and impartial advice and assistance to support tenants in maintaining their tenancies
- developing tenants personal skills
- help with housing benefit and local housing allowance applications as well as income maximisation
- advice on personal finance matters, housing rights and responsibilities; debt and welfare benefits advice; and
- where agreed, referrals to organisations providing additional areas of support, for example with gaining employment
View information on Wigan Housing Solutions (External Link)
Working in partnership with Wigan Council, The Brick, Wigan and Leigh Housing and the Citizens Advice Bureau, Wigan Housing Solutions have developed a home share service. The aim of this service is to help people find suitable home share partners and then assisting them to find suitable accommodation.
Please visit the consider sharing website (External Link) for more information