A Local Involvement Network (LINk) is made up of individuals, groups and organisations who want to improve health and social care services in their area. To accurately assess priorities A LINk needs the views of all sections of the community.
Wigan Borough Local Involvement Network (LINk)
Wigan Borough LINk gives YOU the opportunity to influence your local health and social care services.
- Wigan LINk is entirely independent
- Wigan LINk is run by volunteers and representatives of groups with a health and/or social care interest
- Wigan LINk is supported by a local host team employed by the Black Health Agency.
What the LINk can provide
- An opportunity to say what they think about the local care services
- An opportunity to monitor how care services are planned and run
- Feedback on what people have said about services - an influence changes for the better
- An opportunity to monitor the changes that have taken place
Why should I participate?
- If you want to get attention of neglected issues or ideas
- If you want to influence those who make decisions about new or existing services
- If you want to be part of a stronger local voice in the community
- If you want to improve services
- If you want an opportunity to become involved with wider issues in the community.
How do I get involved?
Anyone can participate, as everybody's views matter!
There are various ways to get involved;
- Commenting on issues raised
- Help to raise awareness of issues
- Helping to find solutions - e.g. volunteer on a Working Group
Visit our website Health and Care Together(External Link)
NHS Centre for Involvement(External Link)
Department of Health(External Link)