You'll receive a wide range of training and support through the fostering process. If successful in your application, the training and support will continue and you'll also be provided with a generous allowance to cover the costs of looking your foster child or children.
Training and support:
- Help completing the application process
- Training before and after you’ve been approved
- Regular contact with social workers from the Family Placement team once you’ve been approved and throughout your foster placements.
- A ‘duty’ worker throughout the day to offer a variety of support in an emergency situation or at short notice.
- An allocated support worker to offer additional support if necessary to meet your individual needs.
- Foster Carer Support group, to enable you to share experiences, knowledge and extend your support network.
- Childcare to enable you to attend training or appointments if your existing arrangements fall through.
- Information about activities for young people in the community.
- A regular newsletter.
You’ll be provide with a generous weekly allowance which will vary depending on the age and needs of the child or children placed with you. You’ll also receive additional allowances and expenses at Christmas and for special occassions such as birthdays or holidays.