Information for the public
- Does someone else's child live with you?
- Is your child living with someone else?
- Is the child aged under 16 (or 18 if the child has a disabiity)?
- Is the arrangement planned to last for more than 28 days?
If the answer is yes to all of the above questions then you have a duty to let Wigan Council know.
By letting us know, we can offer advice and support and make sure that children are well cared for. For more information and advice, please ring 01942 828300. Alternatively, you can print, complete and return the document titled PF1 Form below. The document will need returning to the Children's Duty Team whose address can be found at the bottom of this page.
Information for Professionals
Professionals can help to identify private fostering arrangements by:
- Discussing with the parent / private foster carer their duty to notify the council
- Assisting the parent / private foster carer to complete a PF1 form
- Contacting the Duty Team to state their awareness of a private fostering arrangement
For more information, please see click the link on the left hand side of this page titled Private Fostering - Information for Professionals.