hose who would make very good governors may be put off because they think that they need to be experts. This is not so. More important qualities are:
Governors bring a wide range of experience and interests from many walks of life. Parents, retired people and local business and community leaders have much to offer a governing body.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want to put something back into the local community?
- Are you interested in people?
- Are you prepared to work as part of a team?
- Do you have time to get to know your school, go to meetings and read documents and reports?
- Are you comfortable asking questions?
- Are you open to new ideas and ready to learn?
- Do you want children to get the best from school?
If the answer is yes and you live in the locality then you could have what it takes to be a school governor, and make a difference to our children's future.
If you would like to apply to become a school governor please contact Governor Services for an application form. Alternatively, please see the link below which details the schools that currently have a vacancy along with the processes and application form available for you to download.