To become an effective governor, you will need to recieve certain information about your school.
The following is a suggested list of information that should be given to governors shortly after they have been appointed or elected.
- Minutes from the last three governing body meetings - these will familiarise you with the issues that which have recently been discussed
- A copy of the School Prospectus
- A copy of the School Improvement Plan
- A plan of the school
- A list of governors and members of staff
The head teacher may invite you to make an introductory visit to the school. This visit will:
- Introduce you to key members of staff
- Familiarise you with the building
- Provide you with an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the school, the governing body or anything else
The Link governor is often the governor with the responsibility for supporting new governors. Along with the head teacher, they may be a point of contact if you have any queries.