A governing body can benefit from an active link governor.
This role is reviewed annually along with other specific governor roles.
The link governor can also take advantage of the briefing sessions that are held every term.
The link governor should be an enthusiastic and active governor who tries to:
- Ensure the governing body welcomes and inducts new governors
- Provide leadership in organising support and training for the governing body
- Encourage governors to voice their training needs
- Meet governors’ needs by informing them of what training and support is available and by communicating their training needs to Governor Services
- Attend Link governor briefings
- Act as a link between governors and Governor Services
- Liaise with local Link governors to arrange the provision of local training to meet their governors’ needs
- Ensure that the governing body agrees and monitors a training and support budget, which is appropriate to meeting it’s governors’ collective and individual training needs