The Performing Arts Centre is based in Park Road, Hindley and is home to Advisory Teachers for Dance, Drama and Music. Their main focus is the delivery of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities in the Performing Arts for staff in all Wigan Schools.
- World War II – A cross-arts approach to exploring historical topics.
- Cluster Celebrations – Twenty schools working collaboratively with professional artists to create a unique performing arts performance.
- Rebekah’s Suitcase – a model for working with the new Secondary Strategy.
- Asiamania – An exploration of Indonesian stories and music.
- Think Upon A Time – An exciting and innovative approach to teaching drama, dance, music and thinking skills.
- Tailor made in-service opportunities meeting the needs of individuals.
The Performing Arts team works extensively in schools across Wigan and is also available to deliver in-service for other LAs when available.