In addition to discount prices, this can mean significant savings. This procedure has the full approval of H.M. Customs & Excise. We have long experience of operating this scheme and we are confident in our ability to help you to choose the correct instrument for your child and procure it at the best possible price.
Criteria for eligibility to the assisted purchase scheme:
- Your child must be receiving lessons through the Wigan Instrumental Teaching Service.
- Pupils must be in full time education at a Wigan school.
- The requested instrument must be appropriate to the students needs.
- The instrument must be portable
- The instrument must be collected from The Performing Arts Centre
What to do next:
- If you are unsure of the make or model of instrument you wish to purchase, your child's instrumental teacher will be pleased to help. Contact can be made in person or initially through your child's Practice Diary. Alternatively, the service managers have a wide and up to date knowledge of musical instruments and will happily offer advice over the telephone.
- When you are happy with the make and model of instrument you wish to purchase contact our office on 01942 776169. A quote for the instrument will then be provided which you may wish to compare with other instrument suppliers. You are not under any obligation to use a supplier suggested by the Music Service.
- Complete the Assisted Purchase Application Form (.pdf, 12KB) and send with a cheque made payable to Wigan Council for the cost of the instrument plus admin fee to Mrs Helen Worthington. Alternatively, we will complete the form with you over the phone and you may bring payment with you when you come to collect your instrument.
- You will be contacted when your instrument is ready to be collected. Delivery time varies depending on the item ordered and it’s current availability in the UK.