We are making non-personal data:
- open so that it can be turned into useful applications
- support transparency and accountability
- make sharing data between public sector partners more efficient
On this page we publish data which is available in electronic format for you to re-use on your own website, in an application or for any other use you have in mind. Please let us know if you use any of this information as we would be interested to see what you have done. Could you also credit Wigan Council as the source of the data.
You are encouraged to use and re-use the Information that is available under the Open Government Licence (external link), freely and flexibly, with only a few conditions.
- Council Tax Bands.csv - This table shows the Council Tax charges for each band and area of the borough for 2010/2011. The charge is the same for all areas except those that are in the parishes of Haigh and Shevington. In these areas the charge is slightly higher because of the amount paid to the parish council.
- News releases (RSS) (external link) - Latest news from Wigan Council
- Performance Information - We monitor progress against out Corporate Strategy on a quarterly basis.In order to assess if we are delivering on our priorities we utilise a range of tailored information, such as performance metrics, project updates, consultation feedback, customer information and intelligence data.
Spending and Finance Data
Further Financial Information:
Elections and Democracy
- Local Election results - Local elections are held in three out of every four years, with one seat for each ward becoming vacant annually.
- Councillors - A list of councillors and their surgeries
- Wards.csv - A list of all the wards in the borough
- Council, Cabinet and Committee meeting agendas and minutes - In this section you can access a wide range of information and documents relating to the council’s decision making processes, find out about forthcoming Council meetings and decisions and obtain details for your local political representatives.
WISDOM (external link) - Wigans Information System of Dynamic Online Maps. A local information system promoting and sharing best use of data across Wigan Borough. Easy access to statistics at a variety of spatial levels and is being developed by core partners operating under the Wigan Borough Partnership 'Wigan Life' umbrella.
Over time we will be making more information available. If there is some data that you feel is missing or you would like to see on this page then please get in touch on the contact details below or get in touch via Twitter (external link) or Facebook (external link). We would like you to get involved in helping to shape this page.