Wigan Council is responsible for delivering many local services in one of the country's biggest metropolitan boroughs. Council directorates have their headquarters in various buildings in or close to Wigan town centre, with other offices located throughout the borough.
We have now concluded the process for the Director positions and I am pleased to announce that we have recruited to all the posts.
- Paul McKevitt, Director for Resources and Contracts (Deputy Chief Executive)
- Alison McKenzie-Folan, Director for Customer Transformation
- Terry Dunn, Director for Environment
- Steve Normington, Director for Economy and Skills
- Anne Goldsmith, Director for Children and Families
- Stuart Cowley, Director for Adult Social Care and Health
- Kate Ardern, Director for Public Health within the People Directorate
- Senior Management Team structure (.pdf, 36kb)
With the departure of Nick Hudson, Gillian Bishop and Tim Warren (these positions will not be replaced) the total savings to date amount to around £300,000.
One step removed are Wigan & Leigh Housing, and Wigan Leisure & Culture Trust. These two organisations are not formally part of the council but manage services and facilities on behalf of it.