Answer the five questions, connected with Wigan’s Jazz Festival in the grid (right), and the highlighted letters will give the surname of the trombonist guesting with Wigan Youth Jazz Orchestra this year.
The first correct answer out of the hat will win a pair of tickets to the celebrity concert of their choice.
1. Number of years Wigan’s Jazz Festival has been running (6-4)
2. Korean film song that topped the Asian charts for 13 weeks (5)
3. Scottish singer with a career spanning 45 years who sang at the inaugural Wigan Jazz Festival (5,4)
4. This year’s festival pays homage to ------- Big Band? (7)
5. Wigan open-air venue for lunchtime performances during the festival (6,5)
Fill in the grid above and send the word in the grey circles, with your name, address and telephone number, to The Editor, Borough Life, Wigan Council, Town Hall, Library Street, Wigan, WN1 1YN. The closing date for entries is 26 June. The editor’s decision is final.