People get a lot from volunteering. They do it for various reasons:
- To meet people.
- To develop new skills.
- As a way of helping them get paid employment.
- To try out something they may be considering as a career.
- For experience required as part of a training course.
- To take up a new interest.
- To get involved in helping their community.
- To share what they know with others.
- To obtain accredited training or certificates of achievement.
People like the challenge or responsibility many volunteering opportunities can offer, and for some it's a way of occupying themselves positively.
We value the work undertaken by our volunteers. The help they provide is essential and helps us to provide quality services.
There are a range of volunteering opportunities available within the council: