The Children, Young People and Families Partnership is one of the 4 Thematic Delivery Partnerships within the Local Strategic Partnership for Wigan Borough.
Each partnership has a responsibility to develop and deliver action plans in response to the 4 priorities set out in the Sustainable Community Strategy and Local Area Agreement.
The Children, Young People and Families Partnership has specific responsiblity to deliver
Outcome 4 of the 2008-2011 Local Area Agreement (LAA)
Improved aspirations, attainment and life chances for children and young people (especially those in most disadvantaged communities)
The partnership will be working to address the following priorities:
- Reduce teenage pregnancy and improve access to sexual health services
- Enhancing children and young people’s well-being with a particular focus on obesity, alcohol abuse and emotional resilience
- Safeguard children and young people through improved prevention, early intervention and community engagement
- Improve outcomes for Children in Care
- Narrow the attainment gap between our most disadvantaged communities and the population as a whole
For further information about the partnership please contact the Local Strategic Partnership Officer at the address below.