The Building Stronger Communities Partnership is one of the 4 Thematic Delivery Partnerships within the Local Strategic Partnership for Wigan Borough.
Each partnership has a responsibility to develop and deliver action plans in response to the 4 priorities set out in the Sustainable Community Strategy.
The Building Stronger Communities Partnership also has a responsibility to deliver Outcome 2 of the 2008-2011 Local Area Agreement (LAA)
Outcome 2 :-
A strong community that provides positive activities for all with improved community confidence, participation and cohesion in safe and sustainable neighbourhoods.
The partnership will be working to address the following priorities:-
- Improve the cleanliness and greenness of the borough
- Reduce children and young people’s involvement in anti-social behaviour and offending
- Improving the range of things to do and accessibility of positive activities for all
- To increase participation in community and cultural activities that improve the well being of individuals, and community cohesion
- Reduce drug and alcohol related harm
- Reduce re-offending
- Improve community confidence / perceptions in relation to crime, drugs and environmental issues
- Reduce local priority crime
For further information about the partnership, please contact the LSP Team below.