The Benefit Enquiry Line:
- Offers advice and information on benefits and how to claim them
- Is able to send out an extensive range of leaflets and claim packs (in alternative formats - e.g. large print, Braille - if required)
- Advisers have no access to customer's personal records and so are able to provide general advice only
- Provides help to complete certain disability related claim packs over the telephone
- Is a national service serving the whole of England, Scotland and Wales
- Is part of the Department of Work and Pensions
There is no charge for using BEL, however some mobile phone users may incur a cost by their operator.