There must be evidence that the child was not born alive and that it was born after 24 weeks of pregnancy this is usually shown by a medical certificate issued by the doctor or midwife.
Who may register?
- The mother of the Still Born child.
- The father of the still born child if married to the mother at the time of the still birth.
- A person present at the still birth.
- The occupier of the house or building where the still birth occurred.
- A person in charge of the still born child.
- A person who found the still born child.
What details need to be included in the still birth entry?
- The date and place of the still birth.
- The full name of the still born child if one has been given.
- Fathers full name at the time of the still birth.
- Fathers place of birth.
- Father’s occupation.
- Father’s usual address.
- Mothers full name at the time of the still birth.
- Mothers place of birth.
- Mother’s occupation.
- Mother’s usual address.
- Mothers maiden surname if applicable.
How to register a still birth
The Register Office operate an appointment system. Appointments are at 30 minute intervals and are available between 9.30 to 4.00pm