When you do have problems paying the most important thing to do is contact us and let us know about your situation. We will do our best to try and resolve the problem with you. Here are some simple Do's and Don'ts.
- Contact us straight away
- Keep paying as much as you can afford
- Write down your income and outgoings to work out what you can afford
- Ignore your bill or other letters we send to you
- Be tempted to borrow money to pay the bill
- Offer to pay more than you can really afford
- Assume the Council has made a mistake if the bill is more than you expected
- Pay credit cards, finance or loans instead of your Business Rates
If you try to ignore the situation it will only get worse.